Welcome to the MA in Technical Communication Program
The Master of Arts in Technical Communication (MATC) prepares students to write and communicate effectively in technical, scientific, and professional environments and to pursue doctoral work in Technical Communication. The MATC program provides students a strong foundation in technical communication, rhetorical theory, intercultural communication, technical editing, software documentation, usability testing, social media, and web design.
MATC students have the options of taking traditional face-to-face classes in San Marcos and hybrid courses, which meet partially online and partially face to face at Texas State University's San Marcos or Round Rock campuses. The MATC program is convenient to residents in Austin, San Antonio, and Round Rock, Texas.
Texas State's MATC program:
- Prepares students for positions in the fast-growing technical communication field.
- Produces the largest number of Master of Arts in Technical Communication graduates in Texas and 12th highest number of graduates in the nation.
- Employs award-winning tenured faculty with many years of work experience in industry, government, healthcare, and consulting.
- Maintains an active MATC alumni network that enjoys advising students about career opportunities in technical communication.
- Teaches an innovative curriculum that offers face-to-face, online, and innovative new courses that keep up with industry standards and student needs.