Welcome to the MA in Technical Communication Program
The Master of Arts in Technical Communication (MATC) prepares students to write and communicate effectively in technical, scientific, and professional environments and to pursue doctoral work in Technical Communication. The MATC program provides students a strong foundation in technical communication, rhetorical theory, intercultural communication, technical editing, software documentation, usability testing, social media, and web design.
MATC students have the options of taking traditional face-to-face classes in San Marcos and hybrid courses, which meet partially online and partially face to face at Texas State University's San Marcos or Round Rock campuses. The MATC program is convenient to residents in Austin, San Antonio, and Round Rock, Texas.
Students and Faculty Discuss the MATC Program
MATC Alumni Discuss their Experiences in the Program
- Strengthen your ability to write clear technical and scientific information
- Build and refine your technical editing skills
- Teach you to create end-user and developer documentation
- Help you to design and create web content for specific audiences
- Provide access to a state-of-the-art usability lab to conduct qualitative research
- Acquaint you with the ethical and cultural issues in Technical Communication