MA in Technical Communication (MATC) Program
Welcome to the MA in Technical Communication Program
The M.A. in Technical Communication prepares students to write and communicate effectively in technical, scientific, and professional environments and to pursue doctoral studies in Technical Communication. The program provides a strong foundation in technical communication, rhetorical theory, intercultural communication, technical editing, software documentation, usability testing, and digital media design.
The MATC program is offered online, which makes the program convenient to students across the United States, as well as residents nearby in San Marcos, Austin, San Antonio, and Round Rock. We also offer extracurricular opportunities for networking and professionalization.
Texas State's MATC program:
- Prepares students for positions in the fast-growing technical communication field.
- Produces the largest number of Master of Arts in Technical Communication graduates in Texas and 9th highest number of graduates in the nation.
- Employs award-winning tenured faculty with many years of work experience in industry, government, healthcare, and consulting.
- Maintains an active MATC alumni network that enjoys advising students about career opportunities in technical communication.
- Teaches an innovative curriculum that offers face-to-face, online, and innovative new courses that keep up with industry standards and student needs.